Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tobin tax - U.S.E. may survive

I never thought the day would come when the EU would favour a sensible idea like the Tobin tax. Merkel and Sarkozy are in favour of it, as am I.

Further, the Austrian Prime Minister Werner Faymann - along with many others - is in favour of the Tobin Tax as an important means for guaranteeing fairness. "Taxing financial transactions," said Werner Faymann, "is an important means for guaranteeing fairness also at a European level. Since the beginning of this crisis I have continuous devoted my self to this and I am sure the objective will be achieved."

IMO: I very much stress, as do the UK FT apparently,  "When the details emerge, then the number-crunching can begin". The United States of Europe may yet survive.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]