Wednesday, February 16, 2011

AV

If and when the AV referendum comes in the UK, I 'd say AV should be a great idea and voting for it could at least shake up the UK voting system.

Some say, not voting for AV is a way to give a view on silly Clegg. Maybe, but there is a fair chance AV will allow somewhat better politicians, and UTAP existing ones could hardly be worse.

Clegg is like God, in a way. He did say "I need to say this – you shouldn't trust any government, actually including this one. You should not trust government – full stop." So you have heard the tip from the horse's mouth.

How is Clegg like God? Here is a parable I read on the internet today on P.Z. Myer's website. Clegg is God, and the voter is the 'man on the roof'.

---------------

THE MAN ON THE ROOF

A man was trapped on his rooftop by the rising waters of a flood.
A fellow came over in a rowboat and called to the man, “Hop into my
boat! I’ll save you!”
The stranded man refused, saying, “No – God will save me!”
The water rose to the man’s knees, and along came a rescuer in a
motorboat. “Get in my boat! I’ll save you!” cried the boater.
“No!” the man on the roof replied. “God will save me!”
Soon after, the water was up to the man’s chest. Now came a helicopter
with a sling suspended from it. “Grab onto the sling!” called the pilot.
“I’ll pull you up and save you!”
As the man called, “No, God will save me!” a wave swept him off the
roof and he drowned.

As he entered into heaven, God greeted him, saying, “Welcome to
heaven! Glad to see you! Before I show you around and introduce you
to some of the angels, do you have any questions?”

“Well, yes Sir, as a matter of fact I do have one question.” the man
replied. “There I was, stranded on my roof, with flood waters rising all
around me! Why didn’t you save me?”
“Well!” replied God. “I sent you two boats and a helicopter! What
more did you want?”

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]