Monday, August 16, 2010

Blair's recent donation


A fairly balanced article on the matter appears at this URL.

IMO: At bottom I see someone posing as a poet, but showing at least - whether poetically or not - the deeply British properties of a typical UK politician, i.e. ignorance and incompetence. It is all a pity, and of course it is quite understandable though perhaps regrettable that the UK is becoming regarded by foreign people as a kind of museum - the typical US word being "quaint". Which museum ? Well I usually say the UK reminds me of Kolkata Museum, circa 1975. I must say I always preferred the rat garden in the Maidan to the the Kolkata Museum. I wonder how Blair's donation affects his tax status.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]