Wednesday, June 23, 2010

General McKiernan

McKiernan says "I think what I would ask the American public to do is to continue to support their men and women in uniform here in Afghanistan. They're working at places like altitudes of 12 to 16 thousand feed above sea level in the east. They're working in very harsh desert conditions in the south and the southwestern part of this country. They're working in a very hostile, complex environment and I would simply ask the American public to continue to support the efforts and the resources needed to support the soldiers, airman, sailors and marines that are operating here in Afghanistan. I believe we are being successful. I believe success can be measured in terms of time and milestones, and the more we commit internationally to this Afghanistan problem, the faster we'll get to winning it. Winning it is all about, as I said, a viable Afghan government, and it's hard. Make no mistake about it. So I just simply ask the American people to continue to support their servicemen". ... and a lot more

IMO: Obama has taken one reasonable course - out of several -  at this time and so far McKiernan sounds a sensible choice for the moment. He did a good interview, anyway. Let us hope for the best.





Added a few mins later: Now they say it is Petraeus. Also seems OK, but I wish the newspapers would not simply make it all up.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]