Saturday, June 06, 2009

Gordon Brown

Baroness Prosser, who was Labour Party Treasurer between 1996 and 2000, said: ‘I am completely astonished that we would think that Alan Sugar is a suitable person to be a spokesman for the British government. He is a person who promotes via his television programme a style of management that is about bullying and sexism. If anyone thinks that’s appropriate or if anybody even thinks that’s how management works in reality then they are in a world far different from mine'.

IMO: Er.., have Prosser's expenses and emoluments been checked recently ? Maybe Alan Sugar might have a word or two if Prosser's expenses and dealings were sorted out, and two such words as frequently used by him - "you're fired" I would love to hear in that context, even though I probably will not. Diane Abbott (on the BBC today) seemed to think Brown was as good as you can expect, and I thought she probably is about right in many of her views as expressed then, particularly in suggesting that what seems to matter is governance and not self-promotion and expense fiddles. Though these expense fiddles by all MPs are totally disgusting and having been exposed, should be set on the way to being sorted out soon by the Government. At the same time I have to say that I agree with a lot of what Tony Benn said too. The Govt has let us down on its election promises, particularly concerning Europe. Both Abbott and Benn seemed to make good points. I enjoy waiting for the MEP result, though I suppose I should not as whatever they are, even favorable, more time and money will be wasted, due to Tony Blair and possibly also Mandelson. I also recall that McBride's earlier much criticised comments may not have been so incorrect.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]