Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nadine Dorries' blog

This blog was removed from UK Telegraph website apparently because of lawyers (Withers) but currently can be reached here, in Google cache. Anyone interested in UK press freedom may wish to retain a copy.

IMO: BBC reporters say the blog is worth reading and it is certainly interesting. I'm not sure that such blogs should be censored like this, and in a way that is reminiscent of Parliament's own attempt to fudge politician's expenses. Jack Straw, whom I have not seen for decades and then only met briefly, was described by my wife as looking in newspaper photos like a Marathi villain and surely he was one of the causes of the holdup. He does arrange replies to emails promptly and sensibly in my more recent experience. I feel that the requirement to remove the blog (apparently by the Telegraph's owners) and the blog itself both have an element of quirkiness and idiosyncrasy. For example Dorries' comments on Esther Rantzen may serve as a test of general accuracy for anyone who deals with her. When I dated Esther she seemed OK but I preferred her mother, perhaps a little old and regrettably long dead now. As for the UKIP, I did not care for their recent leaflet but presumably they have limited funds - which hardly suggests massive backing by the Barclay twins. Anyway if I were Dorries I seriously would try to publish the blog elsewhere instead.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]