Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MP goes to Italy for Corus talks

The MP for Redcar is to fly to Italy to hold talks about the future of under-threat steelworks Corus. Ms Baird said: "I am hopeful before these talks but I know my Redcar constituents are level-headed and realistic. I don't want to raise false expectations, but I see this meeting as a first chink of light."


IMO: Let us hope the Labor party do something about Teeside, as I've said before they really should be able to do, and probably can if they are not just taking bribes from foreigners. Only talk so far, but doubtless if the Tory advice had been taken and we had an election now, the politicians could spend their time having their smart accountants on working out how to steal more tax money to improve their moats. The average steel worker does not have a stately home with a moat, and if the Tories had their way the steel workers would be starving and in rags. For the moment vote UKIP or Libertas on June 4, I think.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]