Saturday, February 07, 2009

New $10 Indian laptop!

I have not seen one of these laptops but from what I have read - adverse comments in papers like FoxNews and the Guardian suggest it might be very good for ten bucks. I know full well what those papers are like - comparing my view to that of Guido Fawkes, Fawkes is their best friend.

Certainly a lot depends on what happens next, but the computer could be a real milestone, though the press seem to want it to be a millstone. Anybody who has owned the old Hindustan Ambassador car for years, as I did, may think differently.

Callind it a pendrive with wifi may actually not be far from the truth, but it sounds like it could be extremely worthwhile and I may buy more than one of them, depending on how well it goes. It could be an equal milestone for India to the Ambassador, but it may well be more like the old UK 'groundnut scheme'. Partly it depends on loyalty and patriotism.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]