Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Obama and Hanuman

Amid reports that US presidential hopeful Barack Obama carries a ''tiny monkey god'' as a talisman, priests at a Hindu temple in Delhi presented a gold-plated idol of Hanuman with a prayer for his success in the elections.A regular Hanuman devotee said: ''I am sure Obama will be successful in his endeavour. A person who believes in lord Hanuman and has his blessings can cross the greatest hurdles in life with ease. I will pray for him.''

IMO: Apparently the statue is quite large (about 2 feet tall). Thank goodness it is gold plate and not solid gold. But being worth a lakh or thereabouts, its gift shows a large amount of highly praiseworthy devotion. Personally I prefer Lord Ganesh and Lord Shiva, but after Lord Ganesh, Lord Hanuman comes high on my list too. For Rezko and Auchi, I imagine Kali would be more the choice, for the very obvious reason that Kali is regarded by many as the God of criminals. For quite good, different and even devious reasons I worship Kali also.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]