Monday, April 16, 2007

Mr. Bean speaks about being a hostage

I had bothered to read the much of the stuff about the UK Iran hostages, seems it was most amusing, according to the London 'Times', quite an interesting read for once.

Arthur Batchelor, the youngest of the group at 20, revealed that he had been tormented by his captors flicking their fingers against his neck and calling him Mr Bean, the buffoon played by Rowan Atkinson. They had also taken his iPod.

“All I could make out in their language were the words ‘Mr Bean’,” he said. “They were laughing at me . . . making me feel about three inches tall.”

Faye Turney, 25, recalled of her captivity: “I cried my eyes out. I asked the guards about my friends but all they did was laugh at me.”

According to the Tories, selling Navy stories to the Press was "a catastrophic mistake that (Denis Browne aka 'Swiss Toni') would have to reverse instantly".

IMO: It almost makes you feel that you want to take a job with the Iranian Navy, could be better than the British Navy anyway, not that that says much.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]