Monday, December 04, 2006

Ex-spy Alexander Litvinenko requested Muslim burial

MOSCOW: Alexander Litvinenko, the former Russian intelligence agent poisoned in London, requested before his death that he be buried according to Muslim tradition, his father said in an interview published on Monday.

"He said I want to be buried according to Islamic tradition. I said okay son. It will be as you wish. We already have one Muslim in our family. The important thing is to believe in the Almighty. God is one," he said in the interview.

IMO: To me, this is getting 'curiouser and curiouser'. It sounds worse than le Carre by now, but the fact is if I were Russian I would back Russia and I am left so far with the impression that Putin does just that. Also I'm far from sure about this 'God is one' idea ; many reasonable people in the UK are agnostics and atheists and I for one prefer the Hindu tradition, which encompasses Jesus and Allah and all our other Gods anyway if required.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]