Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Intelligent Design comes to Blighty

This matter is mentioned in the 'Register', and many other papers. "The Intelligent Designers are back. Having had their bottoms soundly birched in the US, they are now determined to "educate" England's schoolkids about their utterly unscientific counter "theory" to evolution."

DHSS say "Neither intelligent design nor creationism are recognised scientific theories and they are not included in the science curriculum, the Truth in Science information pack is therefore not an appropriate resource to support the science curriculum."

No harm in reading such stuff IMO, in the case of reponsible adults. Why, I myself enjoy (say) the work of Julian Jaynes which is hardly more heterodox, and indeed even purchased "The Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind" through Amazon. But basically it is ridiculous to teach such stuff as intelligent design to little kids. It might do for the criminal perverted thieving hot gospellors in the sticks in America, but they get found out in due course. I think the discovery of one for what he was recently helped the Democrats to win. It is definitely not for the UK.

IMO: I feel almost as sick about this as I do about Islamism. In the case of Christianity I will say to such people "Matthew 21:13". I have 5 copies of the Koran but I will leave the choice of verse to expert Koranic scholars. Such matters have no place in the Ramayana. Om Shiva.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]