Thursday, November 23, 2006

Al-Jazeera English

Al-Jazeera of course seems have begun as a BBC (UK) spin off. Private Eye's comments (Print Edition 1172, p 12) are given in a brief report. This says inter alia , "its less clear why a (liberal US/UK audience) would wish to see their own territories reported from a (Middle East) perspective (.. than they would the Middle East)". To put the matter rather more bluntly, Al-Jazeera English is beginning to look like the new Lord Haw Haw or Tokyo Rose.

IMO: That is what many would have expected, but I am an optimist, it is early days yet for Al Jazeera and honestly unlike PE I do not YET see it as a" reasonable hoaxer copy of CNN or Sky". If I were a schoolteacher (which I hope to God I will never be) I would give it 6/10 marks and add the comment. Promising but could do much better. Keep trying, your efforts are noted.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]