Saturday, October 14, 2006

Alleged Mass Conversion: hundreds only.

It is notable that the BBC (which nowadays seems to be habitually acting as a puppet and tool of the criminally corrupt Blair government) has tried once again to obscure the many real problems which a large country like India inevitably has. My own relatives are Brahmin and I am proud of that. Equally, as a person who through no fault of his own has come by a nominally Christian identity, I would be proud if not exactly glad to be a Dalit as I love India. I accept many of the tenets of Hinduism and as example point out that I am a vegetarian on the basis of Hinduism. I accept that there are great problems that anyone of any religion can have in India and I do not feel that firms like the corrupt BBC help things for any religion. Were I by accident or fate a Muslim I would still love India, though I feel that monotheism is not in my blood or to my liking, nor has it ever been.

It is noteworthy that of the first 10 articles in Google India I turn to today on the 'alleged mass conversion', 8 are from the BBC or BBC 'shills' like the Gulf or Australian reports, though I assume the Indian press will have their say. But 2 reports only so far are Indian.and the one I quote points out that far from 'hundreds of thousands' of conversion the BBC were talking about expecting there have been at most a few hundred out of several million. It is interesting that one Dalit leader said "I won't convert till made PM'. I am afraid hard words about any religion usually do not help. Christianity in the UK has been hijacked by the wrong types, though it is sometimes great in India. Certainly the Roman Catholic church in the UK, for example, comes over as a bunch of lunatics (my first wife was an RC so you can be sure that I know - and we think of the Magdelene Sisters style sweatshops they have had in Ireland and the genuinely high amount of RC priest pedophilia which is fact not simply propaganda) but in India there are some very good people.who are RCs and the RC seems like a different, and in some ways genuinely saintly church in India for those people who want it like that. I favour fairness to all. I would point out that the historical records which have not been destroyed by the RCs suggest that the Christian church may have been in fact founded NOT by St. Paul but St. Thomas but even so the RC church today in India seems OK AFAIK. On Dalits, law should allow fair treatment of Dalits and I find them generally speaking people, as good as anyone, who should get a fair deal.

In fact it is frequently said in India that Dalits get better treatment than Brahmins nowadays, but as with so many things in India you cannot generalise. In India, everyone but the very rich has problems, but at least India largely lacks the kind of rotten corruption and greed so much a hallmark of the BBC and regrettably, of much of English culture. All you can say for the BBC is at least its better than Sky in program terms and attitude.And I know what to think of Buddhism - the Dalai Lama sounds OK but his politics is not up to scratch. Hinduism is great and I like it. Well who cares - I am afraid that this blog post is a non event about a non event.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]